Thursday 20 October 2011

Encore Encore !!

HEY everybody I'm back as promised  and I have my verdict from  our English day out ( DUN DUN DUUUUUUNNNN!!!) and I am lost for words to describe how great the day went !so we Left the school bright and early on Wednesday morning,  buzzing with excitement as we stepped onto the bus. our first stop was at the W.B Yeats exhibition in  the national Library  kildare street  and i can honestly say I've never been more prouder  to be Irish in my life ! he such an inspiration to poetry and as we walked around in awe and wonder of his life's work I felt as if he was right in the room with us.
this is my most favourite poem by Yeats,  The Wild Swans At Coole
  THE trees are in their autumn beauty,
The woodland paths are dry,
Under the October twilight the water
Mirrors a still sky;
Upon the brimming water among the stones
Are nine-and-fifty Swans.

The nineteenth autumn has come upon me
Since I first made my count;
I saw, before I had well finished,
All suddenly mount
And scatter wheeling in great broken rings
Upon their clamorous wings.

I have looked upon those brilliant creatures,
And now my heart is sore.
All's changed since I, hearing at twilight,
The first time on this shore,
The bell-beat of their wings above my head,
Trod with a lighter tread.

Unwearied still, lover by lover,
They paddle in the cold
Companionable streams or climb the air;
Their hearts have not grown old;
Passion or conquest, wander where they will,
Attend upon them still.

But now they drift on the still water,
Mysterious, beautiful;
Among what rushes will they build,
By what lake's edge or pool
Delight men's eyes when I awake some day
To find they have flown away?

Next on our tour was to the greatly awaited National museum where we saw BOG BODIES ! and i must say mud dose wonderful thinks to keep skin looking so... Preserved for years and years. I was amazed at how detailed there bodies where even if they were hundreds of years old. i couldn't take my eyes off them even when other girls were screaming with disgust.
These are some pictures of the bog bodies (beware some have lost most of their limbs from being turned to susi by turf machines >> 
     

Our final stop was the créme de le créme of the day !!  we went to see Juno and the paycock in the abbey theathre ( co insedently set up by WB Yeats)  And wow it pulled on my heasrt strings !! even tho we had read and studied the play in school i was shocked in some scences and crying in the horrible scene where johnny is dragged away by IRA poor poor johnny !!!   be fore i go a quick pic of the george johnny ! <3

sorry in a rush bell is about to go , be continued ..... bye F

No comments:

Post a Comment